NOW FOR THE DETAILS
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Biowood collects limited personal information that personally identifies you such as your name, mailing, residential and email addresses, gender, age, purchase history, date and place of purchase. If you communicate with us by e-mail or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be personal information. We may request personal information from you when you:
- Contact us for further information
- Request a sample
- Participate in surveys and other types of research
- Enter a promotion
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Register your details on our website
- Ask for a quote
- Express interest in a particular product or service
- Email or call us.
Our website may use tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits the site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our website. We may use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Biowood uses your information to better understand your exact needs and provide you with better service. We may also use your personal information:
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail.
- as a record of your communications with our customer service representatives.
- to keep you up to date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
- to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster.
- for planning, product development or research purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only disclose personal information to third party organisations when:
- we have your consent to share the information.
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested.
- we need to send your information to companies that provide services to Biowood, e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. delivery organisations, assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided changes. Further, if you believe that the information, we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. An administration fee will be charged for the retrieval of personal information to cover our costs. No fee applies to the correction of personal information.
If you have a complaint concerning your privacy please also contact us. Your complaint should be given to us in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer and responded to in a timely manner.
Links to third party websites on https://biowoodonline.com.au/ are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our website. Biowood is not responsible for these third-party sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
Biowood is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All personal information held electronically is kept securely by a cloud storage provider. We may also hold some personal information in hard copy. This information is subject to restricted access.
All privacy-related enquiries or complaints should be directed to us in writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Green Resources Materials Pty Ltd
PO Box 6122
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please mark emails to the attention of The Privacy Officer)
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
LAST UPDATE TO THIS PAGE – December 2020